Friday 4 March 2016

Evaluation Task 4: how did I use new media technologies in the construction, planning and research stages

In my work I used a large variety of new media technologies.
Google was a main one since it's a well known search engine, I used this for a large amount of research from finding thrillers to finding out about more about the proper conventions of a magazine and poster. I used this search engine for inspiration for my own texts since it would show me texts that are made my professional companies, this being a large help because it gave me ideas to make my texts seem more like real media texts. I used this for all of my texts as a form of research because it was a good way to get inspired and be given ideas for my texts

Adobe Photoshop in a lot of ways to both creat my poster and magazine cover. The title was constructed on this programme, it was made by using a large variety of tools that all had different purposes. I used the magic wand tool to help me capture sections of the title was I wanted to be deleted and that I wanted to capture and move about reconstructing its appearance. I also used editing techniques such as a drop shadow this giving the text a white drop shadow that increased the contrast and made it seem a lot more creepy and professional. I already had experience using this programme since we had to use it previously when creating a magazine cover as a practice back at the begging on the year, the first time I used it helped me develop a good hang of the programme and be able to use most of the tools to their full extent. I was able to also test out different styles of background for my poster and magazine cover thanks to this programme this helping me creat a better view in which background I should settle with in my final piece.

Blogger is one of the most used technologies because it let me develop a clear understanding of the thriller genre and make sure that I have a place to keep all of my work and have it checked. I posted all of my research, planning and construction of my 3 texts on this site. Blogger also had a great advantage of being able to post my YouTube uploaded content on it by using an add videos button, this was very helpful and made it easy to keep all of my work safe and organised making sure that I can keep it all neat and readable. One advantage to this site was that it has a spell check on it so it makes sure that your grammar and spelling are correct this helping a lot since some times when rushing some parts can be misspelled.

YouTube is a website that I used to upload my trailer to and my second evaluation this already being a great help. I also used YouTube when it came to the research and of my trailer, I watched other trailers on this site to gain ideas and inspiration for the text that I would end up creating, since YouTube has most trailers for any movie becaus of its large popularity it made it easy to find lots of movie trailers that helped in developing ideas for my trailer. The ideas that I was given by this site are the type of non-diegetic music that should be used, the types of lighting and helped me get a grasp of the key conventions of a thriller. This site generally shower me the conventions of both thrillers and trailers, on an addition to that it also let me post the pitch for our trailer on it which was an important part of out work.

I also used Microsoft PowerPoint, this is a programme that is used to give presentations on slides. I used this to creat the pitch for my movie/trailer, I recorded a lot of information on this programme such as a pie chart that showed the genre of movies that people enjoyed and the age group that enjoyed curtain genres. The pitch would later be recorded and uploaded to YouTube, this programme let me get feedback about my text and helped me fill any holes that I seemed to be missing by answering the questions of the people watching.

A video camera was used, it's a video camera that was able to record in HD this being a great advantage since it made my text better quality and seem more professional because that means that the text would be able to be streamed in 750pp this being HD standard that some independent movies are streamed in. The camera was used to creating a lot of professional shots such as a over the shoulder shot that can be seen when our main character is talking to his therapist, another was an close up on our main characters eyes as he opens them from having a flash back, this showing the demographic the sanity thy he is loosing.

Free play music is a website that allows users to take music that is copyright free if used for educational purposes, this meaning that I would be able to use it for my text. The site was slightly hard to use however it had a lot of potential since it had a couple of tracks that seemed acceptable for a thriller, the only issue with this site is that the search engine would mix up the searches and you would get happy music even if you've typed "horror". After typing in a large amount of searched such as "tense music" and "thriller" we found the right tracks that could fit our work, these tracks eventually became the non-diegetic music that we had in our final finish.

Computer/phone both of those were used for the same kind of purpose and this means to run all of the programmes that I was using. The computer had more since it's has more purposes than a mobile phone. The computer and phone both let me use the websites blogger.com and YouTube.com to do my research and my planning. Since both of them are common day usage in a 21st century young adults life it was easy using them for a purpose of research and planning since they are used for those purposes all the time. Thanks to the computer I was able to find music and creat all of my 3 texts.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I am not happy that these are 3 weeks late. Please also e mail me the essay that was due today.

    ReplyDelete