Thursday 3 March 2016

Evaluation Task 3: What have I learnt from my Audience feedback?

I have received plenty of audience feedback for all of my texts.
My trailer received a lot of critical feedback:
  • Font is too clip-arty
  • speed up last scene
  • take out some shots
  • low key lighting
  • edit the texts more
  • take out the 3 stages
There are a lot of things that I learnt from my feedback, firstly when talking about the font being "Too clip-arty". I learned that in this genre I need to use fonts that are more edgy and sharp, to make sure they connote fear. I solved this issue by using a font that didn't have as much of a comical look and one that looked more professional and sharp.

I was told that the last fast-paced editing section was too slow and needed to be sped up to make it seem more like a real trailer and so that it creates more tension. I solved this by cutting it down and making it more fast pace by repeating some of the cuts and increasing the tempo of the scenes.

There was a scene that seemed to bright to be seen in a Thriller trailer since the main colour was white this connoted innocents and life, these not being conventions of thriller. This was solved by putting the contrast down and making the brightest a little lower, this made the white seem more like gray and any faint dark colours intensified this following the genre conventions since dark colours and low key lighting are some of the key conventions of the thriller genre.

The titles that showed up on screen were said to be too simple and stationary, there were a couple of moving ones however the movement was repeated and didn't seem professiona and didn't increase the tension in any kind of way. This was solved by using a lot of editing when it came to the titles. One edit that was made to the titles was increase in size and movement in a different direction, the use of this was so that the demographic feel more included in the trailer and so that they are given the tension as the music and the title size increases. Another edit that was used was a blur effect as the tittle came in, the reason for its use was to connote how our main characters head is becoming blury form the mental issues that he has and how it's making his life a misery.

One of our texts mentioned the three stages that can are normally seen in people who are unstable and insane, these stages were insomnia, out burst of anger and depression. We were advised to take this out since it complicated the demographic and seemed a little difficult to understand when it came to a short trailer that, we decided to leave this title out and replace.

I recover feedback regarding my poster since there were a couple of parts that didn't seem right.
The fonts and the top gave the magazine a creepy finish, this suiting the genre since thrillers tend to have some creepy scenes. The font was almost like a blood splatter that seemd like text written in blood. This was hard to read because of the font, I decided to solve this issue by changing the font of in the text and making sure that it's clear and visible and still following genre conventions, I made the  font a edgy block type font and kept the colot red with a white drop shadow. The reason for this was because the font now followed genre conventions along with the colour since red is the colour of danger and thrillers have dangerous scenes in them.

My magazine cover repeated itself a lot thus didn't seem professional. I solved this my using different text and still making them make sense and seem professional. One side of my magazine mentioned movies that it will talk about inside and then on the other side it said the exact same However it has images so I changed the text making sure that it seems believable, I decide to use the same pictures and just give them different captions that still seem like they fit the image. One text that I used was "intense close-ups" this seemed professional since it's a media term and thrillers use them to convey important information.

No comments:

Post a Comment